- Anyone is allowed to comment on our website. We only ask for your name, so we can reply back to you by name. We do NOT ask for any identifying information like an email address.
- All comments are moderated, which means your comment may not appear and if it does, it might take a few days.
- We try our best to remove any identifying information (like phone numbers or emails) that end up in the comments. If we miss anything, please use our contact form to let us know.
Contact Form/School Visit Form
- Many parents and news outlets want to contact us to ask us questions about our books. Similarly, teachers want to contact us about talking to their class. If you choose to contact us through one of these contact forms, we ask for your email address so we can reply to the (non-spamy) questions.
- If you contact us, we will NOT add you to any mailing lists. We do not share your information. We do not sell your information. We do not add you to marketing lists.
Review Book Copies
- From time to time, we offer free eBooks on our site for the purpose of generating reviews.
- If you request a review copy, we ask for your email address so we can send you one email with a copy of the book and instructions on how to review it.
- We ask all reviewers if they are under 18. If they are minors, we request a parent’s address in addition to the minor’s address. That allows us to send the book directly to the parent in case it has content the parent objects to.
- If you receive a review copy, we ask that you leave a review and mention that you got a free book in exchange for the review. Not only is it polite to tell people reading your review that you received a free copy, but it’s required by the law.
- If you contact us for a review copy, we will NOT add you to any mailing lists. We do not share your information. We do not sell your information. We do not add you to marketing lists.
- We run a monthly newsletter for parents and teachers wishing to learn more about us. Most of our website has content for the whole family, but the newsletter gives us an avenue to talk directly to parents and teachers.
- We hire a company (Mail Chimp) to help us manage our list. Not only are they a leading expert in the business, but they require all emails to conform to the CAN-SPAM Act, and they provide us with a secure way to manage our subscriber list.
- Our email list is a double opt-in list. That means you not only have to give us your email address, but you also have to click a confirmation link in an email saying that you “for real” want to join. That prevents situations where someone is accidentally added because a different person mis-types their address into the registration form.
- All monthly newsletter emails have an opt-out link at the bottom. If you get on our list by accident or feel the emails are no longer for you, please use the opt-out link at the bottom of any email to unsubscribe. We will honor your request.
- If a minor is accidentally subscribed to our email list, a parent can unsubscribe them using the link at the bottom of the email. You can also contact us through the contact form of our webpage and ask to be unsubscribed.
- Like many businesses, we use web analytics so we know who visits our website and what content they like. It has convinced us to write more poems and jokes, and fewer essays about paperclips.
- We use Google Analytics to track actions on our webpage in aggregate. We are curious where people click, how they flow through the site, what countries they come from, which articles are the most popular, and how people find us (among other things).
- Google Analytics is intended to give us a big picture view of how people use our site. It does NOT give us identifying information about our users, such as name, addresses, emails, or phone numbers.
If you have any questions, please contact us via our contact form. It’s located at the very bottom of every page.